Brain Healthy Recipe: Chipotle Cashew Queso Sauce
Chipotle Cashew Queso
As seen on Mind Kind Kitchen!
As seen in our "Totally Possible" Burger recipe, this Queso is the star of the show! We put it on everything, from salads to burritos, to burgers and veggies! Whip up a batch of this sauce and get drizzling friends, this is much more than a cheese substitute - it's a way of life.
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 large chipotle with adobo sauce (add two peppers if you can handle the heat!)
- 1 cup boiling hot water (add more to thin out as needed)
- Add the cashews and all the spices in a high speed blender like Vitamix.
- Blend on high, and scrape the sides down intermittently to make a spread.
- Add small amounts of hot water while the blender is running from the top opening and slowly blend the ingredients into a thick, spreadable cheese consistency.
- Serve over salads, burritos, nachos or with vegetables as a dip.
Technology has helped many people improve their physical fitness. Wearables and fitness apps have us recording runs, tracking steps and counting calories. As tech paves the way for physical fitness, it is time to consider tech’s impact on brain health and cognitive expansion. How can tech help brain health? We are proud to introduce Brain Initiative powered by Team Sherzai. Brain Initiative is a…
The Brain is arguably the most important organ in the human body. A healthy brain has the ability to remember, process, concentrate and maintain cognitive vigor. Your mind coordinates actions and reactions, allows us to think and feel, and enables us to have memories and feelings. All the things that make us human stem from the top. Your brain is your most valuable health asset. Being brain…
It’s hard to believe November is here again, 2019 has flown by. With November comes colorful leaves, and a time to be thankful. November is also National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month. In 1983, President Ronald Reagan made this designation to raise awareness regarding memory loss. Since then, Reagan was also diagnosed with the disease. However in the 1980’s, fewer than 2 million Americans…